We note that the VPN industry has a disturbing trend. More and more VPN providers promise “anonymous” or “no logging” VPN services, while in fact, they give the smallest or zero transparency to how to deal with the customer data.PureVPN just be found that they record user’s data. These so-called “anonymous” VPN providers can be divided into two categories:
So it is not advisable for the customer to be completely anonymous when using the VPN, because the customer’s basic information will be recorded when the customer is purchasing the VPN service, such as the login information, the payment method and the email address. Even Tor can’t guarantee that the customer is completely anonymous in the network. In addition, it is virtually impossible to implement a zero log runtime infrastructure technically. So we say that customers should not always focus on “anonymous” or “no logging” when selecting VPN services, but should pay more attention to transparency, trust, ease of use, performance and reliability of VPN services.
About the logging of VPN services, I think it is allowed to collect the necessary data and to delete them when these data aren’t needed. Whether it is for VPN providers or VPN users, it is good to collect the necessary data. Accordingly, VPN providers can optimize network connection, improve network speed, provide better service, and VPN users will also get a better network experience.
In addition, in the process of using VPN services, customers can’t take it lightly, the security problems may occur at any time, and VPN is not almighty. For example, try to use the OpenVPN protocol, select multiple exit nodes, select dynamic ip, do not use your own country’s vpn service or do not choose your own country’s vpn server. “In general, VPNs are still better to use than do not use them, especially when customers’ networks are not trusted, however, customers should continue to use HTTPS and other security terms when using VPNs,” said by Colby Moore, a security research engineer at Synack. However, if the customer’s country has been particularly concerned about the customer’s network activities, the best practice is to do nothing.
Through more understanding and use, we found some VPN providers with relatively transparent logging and relatively high degree of trust in the VPN service.
ExpressVPN collects four types of information:
- Information related to your account (“personal information”)
- Aggregate Apps and VPN connection summary statistics
- (User-controlled option): Anonymous VPN connection diagnostics and crash reports
- Only for users who choose to use the MediaStreamer service: IP addresses authorized to use MediaStreamer
You can see more detail about ExpressVPN policy by this address: https://www.expressvpn.com/privacy-policy or you can see “Feelings Of Using ExpressVPN“, that will show you the real user experience from other people.
Operating under the jurisdiction of Panama allows us to guarantee our no-logs policy meaning that your activities using privacy solutions, created by NordVPN.com are not monitored, recorded, logged, stored and we are empowered to deny any third party requests.
In order to maintain the VPN service, NordVPN.com website collects the limited personal user information and Site performance data, like Email address and password.
we encourage our users to pay for NordVPN.com service with cryptocurrency to give you the maximum level of security.
Inquiries through “Contact Us” and “Community Area” pages. We keep the communication for 6 months, unless you request to delete the conversation.
For more information about the policy, you can go to https://nordvpn.com/privacy-policy/
We retain VyprVPN session data for 30 days to use with billing issues, troubleshooting, service offering evaluation, TOS issues, AUP issues, and for handling crimes performed over the service.
What Golden Frog Does Not Collect From VyprVPN Sessions:
- Does not log a user’s traffic or the content of any communications
- Does not perform deep packet inspection of your traffic, except where requested by the customer for firewall purposes.
- Does not perform shallow packet inspection of your traffic, except where requested by the customer for firewall purposes.
- Does not discriminate against devices, protocols, or applications. Golden Frog is network neutral.
- Does not throttle your Internet connection.
- Does not rate limit Internet connection.
We will store a time stamp and IP address when you connect and disconnect to our VPN service, the amount data transmitted (up- and download) during your session together with the IP address of the individual VPN server used by you. We do not store details of, or monitor, the websites you connect to when using our VPN service. We collect aggregated statistical (non-personal) data about the usage of our mobile apps and software.
To be honestly, I don’t like this private policy. If we can select a secure VPN, no one will select a insecure one. But HideMyAss is honest,don’t they? https://www.hidemyass.com/legal/privacy
Here are more private policy link of other VPN services providers.
- PureVPN: https://www.purevpn.com/privacy-policy.php
- Buffered: https://buffered.com/tos
- StrongVPN: https://strongvpn.com/privacy-policy.html
- Ivacy VPN: https://www.ivacy.com/legal/#tab_privacy_policy
- VPN Area: https://vpnarea.com/front/home/privacy
- Switch VPN: https://switchvpn.net/privacy-policy
- IPVanish: https://www.ipvanish.com/privacy-policy.php
- Boxpn: https://boxpn.com/privacy_policy